Donning my ‘Paul McCartney’ sunnies and my dirty-hippy-beach-hair (#keshaslittlesis), I braved the 38 degree tropical heatwave to bring you this sun-filled, albeit sweaty, outfit post.
I have been loving the slip dress trend and have found myself having an utter pin-fest drooling over all the fashionistas that can pull this off. However, as the owner of a pear shape figure and being self conscious of my thighs, wearing a slip dress was about as likely as becoming the third Olsen twin. NOT gonna happen!
Then I stumbled upon this New Chic ‘slip playsuit’. With a plunging neckline, lace trimmings and a silky sheen finish, this playsuit has all the vibes of the slip dress, whilst being more suitable to my beachy lifestyle.
Although it is a little too low to be worn without some sort of modesty coverage underneath, I actually think the bikini top adds another facet to the look. Although the braver ladies may feel comfortable being all out booby, I’m way too much of a nun for that. Oh look… the British in me is coming out!
I styled the look with my layered chokers and took my beautiful new Holster daytrip bucket bag out for it’s first beach trip! The fabric is totally waterproof and sand-proof and it has a removable satin lining, if you wanna pop your wet bikini in it! I LOVE.
Are you loving the slip dress trend? Here’s my top tips:
- If you have an hourglass or rectangle shape, go for a slip dress
- Pear shapes and apple shapes should opt for a slip play suit.
- Does the thought of a slip dress turn you blue? Warm it up with a faux-fur jacket and knee high boots. Oh-so-Hollywood.
- A maxi slip dress is a fabulous option for an evening wear look. Add polished accessories, to stop it looking too much like you’ve stolen Nana’s nightie!
- Layer your slip dress or play-suit over a white tee for a cute casual look.
- Wear with mega-watt confidence! This is one trend your other half will certainly approve! 😉
Shop The Slip Playsuit