Where is your dream place? If you could wake up anywhere in the world, where would you choose?
Far North Queensland Dreamy Beach
Picture this: pastel sunrises on your own private, tropical beach.
Nope: these photos aren’t extracted from some sort of dream I had (although dream screen shots would be cool), they are a blissful reality.
Although this Far North Queensland secret spot isn’t exactly a secret, it’s one that many people don’t even consider visiting.
In between the stunning tourist beaches of Palm Cove and Port Douglas, lies several dreamy beaches just off the side of the Captain Cook Highway. These beaches are always almost empty, making them perfect for private picnics, sunset snuggles or living out your ‘Survivor’ fantasies. (Just don’t forget to bring your torch).
‘Secret’ beaches are the best for sleepy sunrises or sleeping under the stars. After all, nothing is less relaxing than screaming children, buses full of tourists or fishermen.
It’s just you, the waves and views of endless ocean…
My ingredients for the perfect Far North Queensland beach sunrise:
- A large knitted picnic blankets or throw.
- A dream catcher (for Instagram photo opps, obviously)
- Ettitude bamboo lyocell sheets- Mare Duvet Cover set*
- A flask of hot coffee
- Your boyfriend/girlfriend/husband/dog/whoever you choose to enjoy it with.
- Boho printed cushions.
Far North Queensland Secret Waterfall
Sorry fellow wanderlusters, but I’m not going to provide you with a map to this secret Cairns waterfall and point you in the direction (permission to virtually slap me granted). After I geotagged a location in the past, it went viral and turned into a tourist trap with litter, screaming children and concrete steps (eugh!) Goes to show that you never know who is going to stumble across your post…
This Far North Queensland secret waterfall is a stunning multiple tiered dream of nature in the middle of the rainforest.
Secret waterfalls are the perfect place to get lost and overindulge in nature. Jake and I spent hours at this secret spot daydreaming and watching the water.
My tips for finding hidden Far North Queensland waterfalls:
- Go creek exploring and follow rain forest streams towards the mountains. Be careful though, only do this when it’s shallow!
- After heavy rain, drive along mountain-dotted roads to see if you can spot any waterfalls.
- Ask a local. They aren’t always going to tell you though!
Sleep With Ettitude: Organic Bamboo sheets
There’s no point going to a dreamy location with crappy sheets! That’s why I sleep with Ettitude. Don’t worry, it’s no where near as filthy as it sounds. **Insert winky face emoji**
Ettitude provides luxury bedding made from organic bamboo lyocell. My blue and white sheets are seriously softer than the lovechild of silk and clouds.
We spend over a third of our life in bed, so why not spend it on something that feels soft, luxurious and comfortable.
I use my Mare Duvet Cover Set* with a basic K-Mart fitted sheet underneath, and the difference is ridiculous. The K-Mart sheet feels hard, scratchy and sweaty. As a matter of fact, Jake and I want to purchase the bottom sheet from Ettitude, as they are the softest and comfiest sheets we have ever had.
You’re probably thinking: bamboo, isn’t that what panda’s eat? But bamboo makes the most amazing bedding. Here’s some of the benefits of Ettitude’s 100% organic bamboo lyocell sheets:
- Its environmentally friendly. It requires a tenth of the water it takes to make cotton sheets, plus there’s no chemicals involved.
- It’s good for your skin and hair. Bamboo lyocell smooths hair and keeps your locks tangle free.
- It’s hypoallergenic and is great for sensitive skin, acne-prone skin, eczema and psoriasis.
- It inhibits bacterial growth. Yes: really!
- It’s thermoregulating.
- It’s oh-so-breathtable. Because who wants to wake up looking like a sweaty mess?
Over to you: Where is your dream place to #SleepWithEttitude?
*This post is sponsored by Ettitude, however, all opinions and insights are my own. I like to keep it honest!