Today, I show you how I styled my favorite Zara plaid top for the tropical Port Douglas beach, Australia (30 degrees). Then, how I layered it up and rocked it on the streets of York, England (1 degree).
- If your top is long sleeved, go ahead and roll em’ up! You have the rest of the year to cover your arms!
- Baggy beauty? Simply tuck into a high waist skirt or shorts for a flattering look.
- Style your favorite A/W button-up as a beach cover up
- To jazz up a simple, yet faithful, fave tee, layer a crop bralet over the top.
- A statement necklace or body chain are a climate-appropriate way to layer up!
- Reverse a button-up shirt and wear the buttons at the back!
- LAYERING! Put long sleeved sweaters under your top for a cool and quirky layered look. Turtle necks look extra awesome!
- If your top is too tight for layering underneath, prep with thermal vests and top with a cute cape and long gloves combo.
- Layer your tee over a knit dress for both warmth and an instant outfit.
- When layering your top over long sleeved knits, go for a color that is in the print of the top.
- Alternatively, if your top is a solid color, make a statement with a stark contrast!
- Wear your favorite button up with a chunky knit over the top and leave the collar peeping out. Alexa Chung would approve!
Over to you: is it currently bare-all-on-the-beach weather or cuddle-up-with-a-hot-chocolate weather where you live?