Here’s a shocking fact for you: women spend a whopping 55 minutes a day on their hair! **Gasp**
Who would rather spend 5? Yes, I thought so…
Although my life is literally ran by fashion (as is anyone’s who works in this industry), there are some days that I prefer to take an, erm… understated approach (trans: lazy) to hair styling. So I’ve composed a list of my four fave hair creations for you to feast yours eyes on. (Albeit photos of my mug is hardly a feast…)
HAIR CARE, on the other hand, is a totally different matter. Healthy hair means happy me and I’ve become accustomed to a daily blow drying treatment with Redken Diamond Oil. And the good news? I have 3 bottles to giveaway to you guys!
Scroll down to the bottom of the post for the giveaway. Good luck 🙂
1. The Full-Head Braid
Good for: If you haven’t washed your hair in a few days!
This is my go to greasy hair look. The best thing about it is that people are like ‘oh my gosh, how did you do that?, when, in reality, I rolled out of bed and did it in two mins.
1. Spritz on your fave dry shampoo.
2. Part your hair in a deep side down near you ear.
3. From the ear begin a Dutch French braid (this is basically where you cross the pieces of hair over each other, rather than under as you do in a normal plait) across your head.
4. Once you reach your lengths, continue to braid and then wrap your braid around your crown and pin under where you originally started the braid.
I think this look is very ‘Game of Thrones’, and yes, I confess: I am a total GOT nerd (insert looser chant here). Stansa Stark: Eat your ginger little heart out.
2. The Half Top Knot
Good for: if you are feeling a bit quirky.
My boyfriend calls this my ‘Samurai hair’; shows you how much men know about hair trends, ey? This is probably the hair I sport the most often, there’s just something I like about it.
1. Take the top half of your hair and scoop into a high pony.
2. Wind into a bun and secure with a hair tie.
3. Pin down any fly-aways with bobby pins.
3. The Twist and Pin
Good for: A quick injection of volume.
I NEVER straighten my hair and as someone with very naturally fine and flat hair, simply backcombing never gives me that Brigitte Bardot- style volume. Then I learnt this easy hair style and voila!
1. Lightly backcomb the top layer of your hair.
2. Take a section from behind your ear and twist away from your head and secure with bobby pins.
4. The Low Pony
Good for: Showing off a pair of statement earrings.
I think there’s something really beachy and understated about a textured, low ponytail. Unlike it’s high, horsey sister, this look is a lot more grown up…
1. Backcomb hair.
2. Secure loosely at the nape of the neck behind the ear.
3. Pull out strands around face.
Feeling a bit glam? Simply curl the stray strands. Boom!
Redken Diamond Oil Giveaway
After discovering that Redken Diamond Oil was THE product that Fashion Week Hairstylists used to keep the models’ hair healthy, I was hooked! I mean, if it works on models who put their hair through that much heat and styling trauma, it was sure to work on me!
Bingo! My hair is silky, shiny and healthy; no wonder they call the product ‘Shatterproof Shine’
Its shine strong complex contains coriander, camelina and apricot oil, which smooth, soften and condition hair for that supermodel shine! It also rebuilds surface protection and strengthens the hairs core. LUXURY!
This pricey product is only available at salons.
I have three bottles of this awesome stuff to give to my lovely readers. Just a way of saying thank you for supporting ‘The Daily Luxe.’ The giveaway is International so everyone is welcome 🙂
The more tasks you complete, the more entries you have 🙂
Win 1 of 3 Bottles of Redken Diamond Oil
If the app doesn’t work, click here>> https://gleam.io/kEvUY/win-1-of-3-bottles-of-redken-diamond-oil
(The products used in the giveaway were sourced by myself. This IS NOT a sponsored post)